Current Position Opening: Mechanical Engineer
Generalety is currently seeking a Mechanical engineer for automotive door and lighting FEA analyses. This position requires a background in Finite Element Method. You will be responsible for multiple CAE projects with a team. Must be familiar with CAE tools Hypermesh/Abaqus/LS-Dyna, and also must be good at static and dynamic related theories.
Job duties include:
- Perform structural analysis of door soldiers using Hypermesh and ABAQUS.
- Generate FEA report and provide redesign suggestions to reduce deflection and maximum tensile stress for customer.
- Perform door latch gear impact and abuse condition analysis using LS-DYNA.
- Determine housing separation force and provided DOE results of part strength and stiffness.
- Conduct finite element modeling, stiffness, strength and fatigue life analyses of vehicle structures, crashworthiness and impact analyses, NVH analysis, thermal and fluid analyses.
- Perform CAE structural and dynamic analysis by utilizing multiple CAE tools.
- Create finite element model of automotive components by utilizing CAE pre-processing tools HyperMesh.
- Assure finite element model mesh quality and build up error proof and lesson learned by optimizing the process.
- Set up analysis models using Abaqus/ LS-Dyna and solve convergence issues timely and effectively.
- Utilize CAE post-processing tool HyperView to judge results.
- Generate clear and concise FEA reports for customer reviews.
- Interpret the weakness of parts and provide redesign suggestions for customers based on the analysis results.
- Align test results for simulation to test correlation.
- Apply physical principles and theories to perform automotive lighting thermal and vibration analysis.
- Conduct stiffness and strength analysis as necessary for vehicle safety concerns.
Educational requirement: BS in Mechanical Engineering or directly related field. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for considerations.
Past position openings
- Vehicle crashworthiness CAE engineer
- Vehicle durability CAE/test engineer
- Vehicle NVH CAE/test engineer
- Vehicle dynamics analyst
- Vehicle design engineers
- Vehicle design release engineers
- Computational Fluid Dynamics engineers
- Sheet metal stamping CAE engineers
- Stamping die designers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Casting engineer
- Welding engineer
- Metallurgical engineer
- Process and quality control engineers
- Software development engineers
- Computer systems analysts
- Marketing and Sales engineers in automotive, material and stamping industries